Adore Delano: ‘Describe me in four words? Crazy, sexy, cool, party’ | My life in 20
March 23, 2022, 4:49 p.m. | Updated: March 23, 2022, 4:52 PM
There could be endless seasons and countless queens of drag race right now but there will only ever be one Adore Delano.
After charming America on american idolthen become an international superstar following his appearance on RuPaul’s Drag Race season 6, Adore is still universally loved by the fandom and it’s not hard to see why. Charisma, singularity, nerve and talent? She overflows.
After a brief hiatus from touring due to the pandemic, Adore is hitting the road again with the “Party Your World” tour in support of her “Dirty Laundry” EP. And we lucky ones in the UK have 14 dates, so you literally have no excuse not to go.
To celebrate the upcoming tour, we’ve asked Adore to take a trip down memory lane to answer our My Life In 20 questions. Find them after the jump and get your Party Your World UK Tour tickets here.
Listen to Adore Delano’s Dirty Laundry EP below:
20) What movie could you watch 20 times without getting bored?
Never Been Kissed is one of my favorite movies of all time. I also love the original 1978 Halloween movie!
19) What topic could you talk about for 19 minutes straight without preparing?
I can talk about music for days and days since I was a fetus and writing songs really gets my lips moving.
18) What was the most important thing that happened in your life when you were 18?
I was on american idol when I turned 18 and it changed my whole life in ways I never imagined.
17) Who was your crush at 17?
I had a huge crush on a drummer from a punk band that was playing shows in my area. I’m sure he knew that, but I was a crackpot. Dave Navarro was also a huge celebrity crush. See the theme running yet?
16) What do you remember about your 16th birthday?
I was at a backyard punk show and I was an icon for my age. I thought I was Brody Dalle from The Distillers.
15) What did you hate when you were 15 and love now?
Onions? Tomatoes? My voice? I thought I sounded weird when I spoke, but now I’m making a living. It’s pretty cool how the world is changing.
14) What TV show were you obsessed with when you were 14?
America’s Next Top Model. My friend and I used to have viewing parties with food and stuff. It was one thing for us. The Tiffany team.
13) 13 brings bad luck to some people. Do you have something that makes you superstitious?
I may sound quite superstitious. All. I find black cats to be lucky and never walk under a ladder. I am also a crystal girl.
12) If you could live any other person’s life for 12 hours, who would you be and why?
I would switch lives with my future self just to see what I did and how much growth occurred.
11) Who was your best friend when you were 11?
My best friend at 11 was Rosie. She and I had been friends since kindergarten. It’s an absolute icon.
10) What bad habit do you hope to have quit in 10 years?
Probably the idea of partying. There are different ways to have fun without being self-destructive. I would like to quit alcohol again. It was an atmosphere.
9) What was your biggest fear when you were 9 years old?
Cockroaches have scared me my whole life, but so has Michael Myers. There was a Halloween haunted house every October, near my house growing up, and it was there to scare me every time I walked by.
8) When you were 8, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a famous singer and work at Pic-N-Save 🙂
7) Which of the seven deadly sins are you most guilty of?
I’m quite glutinous. I can eat a whole jar of green olives with a spoon like it’s cereal or shit.
6) You can invite six people to the dinner of your dreams (dead or alive), who would you invite?
Tina Turner, Amy Winehouse, Courtney Love, Britney Spears, Jewel & Prince
5) Name five things you can’t live without.
Sparkling water, sun, sleep, music, pickles.
4) Describe yourself in four words.
crazy, sexy, cool, party
3) Your three best songs of all time.
Jewel – ‘Hands’, Prince – ‘Purple Rain’ and Queen – ‘Love of My Life’.
2) Name two things on your to-do list.
Skydiving and True Love
1) Who or what is your one true love?
OMG.. I feel like I know myself best, so probably me, but also my mom.